Antibiotic doxycycline is frequently prescribed to treat a range of infections. Doxycycline side effects are possible, just like with other drug. Individual differences exist in terms of these side effects' intensity and duration.
Doxycycline's most frequent adverse effects include nausea, diarrhea, and upset stomach. The medication's adverse effects often go away a few days after you start using it.
Additionally, some people may suffer mild to severe allergic responses to doxycycline. Rash, hives, breathing difficulties, swelling of the face, lips, tongue, or throat are just a few of the symptoms of an allergic reaction. While taking doxycycline, you should contact your doctor right away if you encounter any of these symptoms.
The following are additional possible doxycycline side effects:
- Doxycycline may increase your skin's sensitivity to sunlight. If you're taking doxycycline, you should use sunscreen outside and limit your time spent in the sun.
- Yeast infections: Doxycycline has the ability to change the body's normal bacterial balance, which can result in the emergence of yeast infections.
- Swallowing discomfort: Doxycycline may irritate or inflame the esophagus, which can make swallowing challenging or uncomfortable.
- Doxycycline may result in bloating, changes in bowel habits, and stomach pain when used orally.
- Headaches: Some persons who use doxycycline may have headaches.
It is significant to remember that not everyone who takes doxycycline experiences these adverse effects. In the event that you have any negative effects while taking doxycycline, you.
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases. "Doxycycline." National Institutes of Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, www.niaid.nih.gov/drugs/doxycycline.
- Mayo Clinic. "Doxycycline Side Effects." Mayo Clinic, Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research, www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/doxycycline-oral-route/side-effects/drg-20066079.
- WebMD. "Doxycycline Side Effects." WebMD, WebMD, www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-7363-5146/doxycycline-oral/doxycycline-oral/details/list-sideeffects.
- Drugs.com. "Doxycycline Side Effects." Drugs.com, Drugs.com, www.drugs.com/sfx/doxycycline-side-effects.html.
- American Academy of Dermatology. "Doxycycline." American Academy of Dermatology, American Academy of Dermatology Association, www.aad.org/drugs/doxycycline.